Job Announcement: Head Men's Basketball Coach - Skagit Valley College
Skagit Valley College (SVC) is accepting applications for a Mens' Basketball Head Coach. This is an exciting opportunity to provide leadership for the Skagit Valley College Men's Basketball team. Reporting to the Director for Athletics, the successful candidate will teach basketball skills at the collegiate level, hire qualified assistant coaches to assist in the development of student athletes, develop, manage, and assess budgets and equipment. The successful candidate will follow all SVC and NWAC policies and provide oversight to insure academic and athletic eligibility of all Men's Basketball student athletes.
|Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administration, leadership, and direction for the men's intercollegiate basketball program;
- Teach individual and team basketball skills and strategies; build, develop, and evaluate teamwork; develop and enforce training rules;
- Monitor and support the academic performance and progress of student athletes;
- Recruit student athletes who are qualified both academically and athletically for intercollegiate competition;
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive relationships and effective communication with local high school basketball coaches and programs;
- Lead the program in accordance with Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) and College rules and regulations;
- Work closely with the Athletic Department and develop collaborative relationships with the other coaches, student leaders and the campus community;
- Fully participate in athletics activities including departmental meetings, outreach and fundraising events, and other relevant functions as needed and requested;
- Develop, implement and evaluate practice and game schedules;
- Compile and analyze relevant statistics;
- Report team scores to the NWAC office after all home contests and for any away contests in which the opponent is not an NWAC member;
- Work closely with College Marketing staff to develop website/media/promotional materials;
- Organize fundraising activities in order to enhance and develop athletic programs;
- Inventory and track assigned athletic equipment, maintain existing facility, including general preparation and maintenance;
- Work closely with game managers to staff home contests;
- Understand and comply with the policies and procedures of the Athletics Department.
View full job description and application information.