Cross Country News
Week #5 (Starting 10/8/10)
Male Athlete of the Week
Jeremy Delicino, Olympic, Freshman
-- Event: 8 Kilometer Cross Country; Mark: 27:10 at Pacific Lutheran Invitational
- "Jeremy Delicino placed 4th overall. He ran a superb strategic race moving from 13th to 4th in the last lap of the 4-lap 8K course. His time of 27:10 is a personal best. He was the first NWAACC finisher in the meet. It is one of the best tactical races I have seen in quite a few years."
- "4th place at the PLU Invitational. Jeremy has been the leader of the new Olympic College team at every meet so far this season."
- "Seems to get better every race. Finished 4th overall."
Female Athlete of the Week
Tamara Kulla, Clark, Freshman
-- Event: 6 Kilometer Cross Country; Mark: 23:56:11 at PLU Invite
- "What a fun kid to watch race. She has performed very strongly this season and is going to be fun to watch at NWAACC."
- "Looks much improved from high school."
Previous Cross Country Atheletes of the Week
Week 4 (view)
Male: Steven Yung, Treasure Valley, Sophomore
Female: Mikel Elliott, Spokane, Freshman
Week 3 (view)
Male: Anthony Brown, Spokane, Sophomore
Co-Female: Rachel Jensen, Lane, Freshman
Co-Female: Shelby Leimbach, Green River, Freshman
Week 2 (view)
Male: Seth Pierson, Everett, Sophomore
Female: Holly Meler, Clark, Freshman
Week 1 (view)
Male: Joe Berger, Green River, Freshman
Female: Briel Thoune, Clark, Freshman