Track & Field News
2012 NWAACC Track & Field Athletes of the Week #1
Men's Track Athlete of the Week
Rey Celestino (Treasure Valley, Sophomore)
-- Event: 10,000m; Mark: 34:22 at Linfield Ice Breaker
- "First 10K on the track, and he hit the qualifying mark."
Jon Lawson (Mt. Hood, Freshman)
-- Event: Discus; Mark: 44.24m 145-02, Event: Hammer; Mark: 46.79m 153-06, Event: Shot Put; Mark: 14.28m 46-10.25 at Linfield Icebreaker
- "First in the Discus, 2nd in the Shot Put and 4th in the Hammer."
- "Great throws! Winning the Discus, 2nd in the shot put and 4th in the Hammer. Great job!"
- "Top NWAACC placer in all three throws: 2nd in shot put, 1st in discus, and 4th in hammer."
Women's Track Athlete of the Week
Molly Scoles (Mt. Hood, Freshman)
-- Event: 200m; Mark: 26.70, Event: 400m; Mark: 1:01.07, Event: 4x100m Relay; Mark: 50.81, Event: 4x400m Relay; Mark: 4:15.32 at Linfield Icebreaker
- "Molly won the 200m, was the first NWAACC placer in the 400m, and helped her teams finish 2nd and 3rd respectively in the relays. Great day!"
- "Won the 200, helped get 2nd in the 4x100 and 3rd in the 4x400, and got 8th in the 400."
- "Great job in winning the 200M."
Women's Field Athlete of the Week
Kaitlyn Doyle (Mt. Hood, Freshman)
-- Event: Discus; Mark: 36.04m 118-03, Event: Shot Put; Mark: 11.03m 36-02.25 at Linfield Icebreaker
- "Winning the Shot-put, great job!"
- "Won the shot put, third in the discus."
- "Won the Shot Put and got 3rd in the Discus."