Track & Field News
NWAACC Track & Field Athletes of the Week #7
Jorge Gil-Juarez (Clackamas, Freshman)
-- Event: 3,000m Steeplechase; Mark: 9:21.26 at John Knight Twilight
- "Fantastic mark in his first 3k steeple. 33 second lead on the rest of the field."
Jake Lucero (Southwestern Oregon, Freshman)
-- Event: 110m Hurdles; Mark: 17.37, Event: Decathlon; Mark: 5710, Event: Discus; Mark: 36.59m 120-00, Event: Pole Vault; Mark: 3.66m 12-00.00, Event: Shot Put; Mark: 12.62m 41-05.00 at Mt. Hood Multi Meet
- "Good two-day effort winning the Decathlon. He won the Discus, Pole Vault, Shot Put and 110m High Hurdles."
- "Very solid through all of his events. Takes over the lead in the conference."
Terra Zodrow (Mt. Hood, Sophomore)
-- Event: 100m Hurdles; Mark: 15.17 1st place, Event: 200m; Mark: 26.23 1st place, Event: 4x100m Relay; Mark: 49.49 NWAACC Leader, Event: 4x400m Relay; Mark: 4:04.02 2nd place in NWAACC, Event: Heptathlon; Mark: 4046 1st place at John Knight Twilight/ Mt. Hood Multi
- "Great mark for her and stayed competitive the whole meet."
- "Won the 100m Hurdles at the John Knight Twilight along with running on the NWAACC leading 4x100m relay team and helped the 4x400m relay go from 4th in NWAACC to 2nd. Also won the Heptathlon at the Mt. Hood Multi Meet after winning the 100m Hurdles, LJ and the 200m."
Shay Applegate (Lane, Freshman)
-- Event: 100m Hurdles; Mark: 15.18, Event: High Jump; Mark: 5'00.25", Event: Long Jump; Mark: 18'00.25" at Chico Invite
- "Great all-around meet for Shay, huge PR in Long Jump, PR in High Jump, and 2nd overall in the hurdles."
- "NWAACC Leader"