Track & Field News
NWAACC Track & Field Athletes of the Week #2
Douglas Sudberry (Mt. Hood, Freshman)
-- Event: 100m; Mark: 11.16, Event: 200m; Mark: 23.11 at Saints Open
- "Won the 100m and was 4th in the 200m."
- "Great time!"
Keefe Hanson (Everett, Sophomore)
-- Event: 3,000m Steeplechase; Mark: 10:05.21 at PLU Invitational
Malaki Seanoa (Everett, Sophomore)
-- Event: Hammer; Mark: 42.85m / 140-07, Event: Javelin; Mark: 57.03m / 187-01 at PLU Invitational
- "A great opener for Malaki who finished 2nd in the javelin and 11th in the hammer. His hammer mark represents a more than 8 meter improvement from 2011 and both marks are auto qualifiers for the 2012 NWAACC Championships."
Jalen Tims (Clackamas, Freshman)
-- Event: 100m; Mark: 12.85, Event: 200m; Mark: 26.19 at Saints Open
- "First place, both races! Great sprint times for early season cold weather."
- "First in both the 100m and 200m with good early season times."
- "Great job winning both the 100 and 200."
Janell Alyea (Everett, Sophomore)
-- Event: Discus; Mark: 39.28m / 128-10, Event: Hammer; Mark: 36.59m / 120-00 at PLU Invitational
- "A very nice opener for Janell who has only been training with the track team for two weeks since concluding her basketball season. With the meet running late, Janell needed only one throw in the disc to win the event; she had earlier placed 2nd overall in the hammer."
- "Great effort against NCAA competition: 1st in discus, 2nd in hammer."
Week One AOW (view)
Rey Celestino, Trasure Valley
Jon Lawson, Mt. Hood
Molly Scoles, Mt. Hood
Kaitlyn Doyle, Mt. Hood